How To Make AirPods Louder – With Proven Techniques
The recent models of AirPods offer a good quality sound to users compared to older models from Apple. The reason behind this is the Active Noise cancellation feature in the new AirPods models. Anyhow, you may find issues with the sound quality of AirPods, like muddled bass,mid-bass & mid sounds. Despite these factors, many users search for how to make AirPods louder.
The factors that can cause a decrease in the sound quality of AirPods are broad, and you might come across each of them. By the end of this article, you might know the problematic situations that trouble you and be aware of the remedies for them.
Why not move on? Let’s know how to make my AirPods louder from the tips and techniques in this article. You could explore more on this topic and get the most valuable information on How to make AirPods Louder?
Reasons For AirPods Low Sound Even At High Volume
Issues With Firmware
Here is one of the main elements to note before knowing how to make your AirPods louder. Firstly, check whether any potential bugs in your firmware cause low sound on your AirPods. If you have stopped looking for updates for your iOS, it’s time for you now to revisit the update history. Apple will address the volume-related issues soon based on the previous changelogs of its iOS updates.
AirPods are designed with a small opening on the earbud’s outer side to avoid a closed-off or drowning sensation. However, these openings might allow the dirt or dust to accumulate and form layers inside the AirPods.
Also, earwax is another leading cause of the low sound, even if you raise the volume on the AirPods. Earwax buildup is expected when you put on AirPods for a longer duration on your ears. These dust and earwax obstruct the speaker’s mesh and result in low audio signals from drivers to the AirPods.
Swapping the equalizer settings, a low power mode, and a turned-on volume limit might be the causes for your AirPods to sound lower than usual. You can identify solutions to how to make AirPods louder in settings by making alterations.
The software processing on your AirPods is essential to determine the audio sound level. Inappropriate or altered settings from your iPhone or any other music app can lower the volume of your AirPods.
How Do I Make My AirPods Louder?
Use The Volume Slider
Using the volume slider to adjust the volume of the AirPods is a universally known method, and it is as simple as that. You can take your phone and use the volume control buttons to adjust the sound level. You may also change the phone’s volume by pulling down the control center on your phone.
By Using Siri
You can use Siri to alter and make AirPods louder, which is considerably simpler to perform. Siri is one of the most valuable and popular virtual assistants. You can say, “ Hey Siri, turn the volume high/low,” and things get done. But to make this work, you must turn on the voice commands from the iPhone or the iPad. Follow these simple steps:
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone
- Move on to Siri & Search
- Push on the Listen for Hey Siri option
- Again toggle on the Allow Siri when locked option (optional but recommended for a hands-free experience)
Additionally, Siri could respond to specific and complicated commands, asking it to decrease the volume to a substantial percentage. For instance, you can say, “Hey Siri, turn up the volume by 50%”. Not just this, you can also combine specific commands like “ Hey Siri, play Perfect by Ed Sheeran on Spotify in high volume.”
Utilize The Sound Settings On The App
Are you looking for how to make AirPods louder? You can utilize the volume setting option given by many mobile apps. You could easily change the volume levels to too high/low with Apple Music App. It is preferable to locate a volume slider on the lower side of the screen when the song plays.
Some other media apps, such as mobile games, will have a default volume control for adjustments. Listening to music while playing a game on your mobile is possible by lowering the game’s volume in the settings for better listening to music.
Digital Crown ( For AirPods Max)
Compared with its forerunners, AirPods Max can adjust the audio levels without using the above-mentioned techniques. Digital Crown makes it easier for AirPods Max to change the volume levels. It lets users adjust the volume and reverse the direction from their iPhone Settings App.
You can rotate the crown clockwise to increase the audio and make AirPods louder. Turning it in an anti-clockwise direction might lower the volume of AirPods. AirPods Max users can also have the advantage of changing the directions of the rotation to adjust the volume. Here are the steps for doing it
- Go to Settings and then to Bluetooth
- Click on the “i” icon next to the AirPods Max on your screen.
- Press on the Digital Crown option
- Underneath the “Increase Volume By Rotating” option, you can select either of the options as you wish. (Back to Front or Front to Back)
AirPods Noise Cancellation (For AirPods Pro)
There’s a go-to option for how to make my AirPods louder without hurting your ears. You might have encountered the Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) feature on your AirPods Pro model. This feature helps eliminate background noises and interruptions, producing clear audio without even wanting to increase the sound level. Additionally, the transparency mode lets the surrounding sounds enter so that you can hear the outer sounds.
Note: This feature is not available in other AirPods models.
Touch Controls (For AirPods Pro 2nd-Gen)
The Airpods Pro 2nd Gen AirPods provide touch controls for the users to change the song tracks and adjust the volume. This is one of the easiest ways for many who want to know how to make my AirPods louder by increasing or decreasing the sound level. Just by placing the thumb onto the stem of each AirPods, swipe up/down with the index finger on the Touch Control.
How To Make AirPods Louder On iPhone Or An iPad
Check for your present volume level in your AirPods before starting to make AirPods louder. When the earbuds are synced with your iPhone or an iPad, you can click on the volume control to set the audio to a hearing level. Never go too far, as you could hurt your ears from high volume. Ensure that your AirPods are not muted.
How To Make Your AirPods Louder With Your Mac
While using a Mac, press the volume up button on the keyboard, or drag the slide displayed by clicking to the right of your volume button on the Menu bar.
How To Make AirPods Louder On Android
To make AirPods louder from an Android device, follow the easy steps given below
- Open Settings app and change the settings of the equalizer
- You can customize the equalizer settings on aspects of audio like bass, beats, etc
- Alternatively, you can disable the Absolute Volume Settings on the Settings option to improve the volume
Other Ways To Make Airpods Louder
Cleaning The Airpods
Your AirPods might need proper cleaning, even after following all the above methods in this article. The dust and earwax can find their way easily into your AirPods, obstructing the audio signals and resulting in low-volume audio on your device.
For cleaning your AirPods, you need a cotton swab or a soft-bristled toothbrush to remove the wax or specks of dust from the speaker. Never use any wet cloth or sharp objects while cleaning your AirPods, as they may damage your speakers mesh. To make AirPods louder, clean them, by following our simple tips
- Spray a drop of isopropyl alcohol on the speaker and leave it idle for a few seconds
- Take the dust around the speaker mesh by using a toothpick (Never poke it inside the mesh)
- Brush around the speaker area with an old soft-bristled toothbrush
- Repeat the process until you get rid of all the visible specks of dust
Fine-Tune Your Apple iPhone With Your AirPods
Even after cleaning your AirPods has not helped you how to make your AirPods louder, try to regulate your Apple AirPods with your iPhone. It might involve a complicated factory reset, but it is still worth the try. To factory reset your AirPods, go through our simple technique given below
- Open the lid of your charging case with AirPods in it
- Go to the Bluetooth settings page on your Apple iPhone.
- Click on the tiny “i” icon present next to the Airpods.
- Choose the “Forget This Device” option and then enter Confirm.
- The phone gets disconnected from your device, and you can reset your AirPods now.
- Press and hold on the set-up button for about 15 seconds until the LED light turns amber ( Have the charge case lid open while doing this step)
- It resets your AirPods & you can re-sync the AirPod with your iPhone.
Ear Tip Fit Test (For AirPods Pro)
If you are an AirPods Pro user, you can take the ear tip fit test to find the best fit to enhance sound isolation. It means only negligible sound can enter or exit from the AirPods. Apple provides this handy test, so that you can eliminate the need to make AirPods louder by checking on it. You can follow the steps for taking this ear tip fit test.
- Place your AirPods Pro on your ears
- Open the Settings app & then the Bluetooth on your iOS
- Click on the “i” icon next to the AirPods Pro
- Tap on the Ear Tip Fit Test.
- Choose Continue and enter the Play button.
Note: This ear tip fit test needs iOS 13.2 or later versions. If you are not able to see this option, update your firmware.
Ensure The Same Volume Level On Both Earbuds
There are possible cases where one of your earbuds has a low volume compared to the other. To check this condition, you must undergo the steps given below
- Open Settings app on your iPhone
- Click on the Accessibility
- Under the Hearing option, enter “Audio/Visual.”
- Check whether the left and the right toggler under “Balance” is in the center and slide it back if required.
Check On The iPhone Volume Limits
It is captivating to experience high-volume audio, but it is not the case for your ears. With this factor in mind, Apple has set a volume limit option to prevent your ears from getting damaged. But, many users may find this limit to restrict them from their hearing experience. In such cases, removing the limiters can make your Apple AirPods sound higher than usual.
Note: Parameters for safer listening are set to 85 decibels for 8 hours maximum. (According to WHO)
To disable the volume limit option and make AirPods louder from your iPhone, stick on to the following steps
- Navigate to the Settings app and then to Sounds & Haptics
- Tap on the Headphone Safety option and switch on the Reduce Loud sounds
- A slider opens, and you can alter the maximum output for the volume in your device.
Reset Bluetooth Connection
AirPods need a Bluetooth connection to pair with various other devices like Android, iPhones, Windows, and MacBooks. However, you can still face problems with Bluetooth interference by any object or other bluetooth device or when in close contact with radio frequency devices. It may cause a connection issue between your AirPods and your device. For example, if you want to make AirPods louder, these obstacles would cause a delay in receiving the command and result in a low sound. To check the possibilities of Bluetooth interferences, you can observe the steps below
- Connect your AirPods to your phone
- Play any music and turn down the volume completely
- Move to Settings and then to Bluetooth.
- Disconnect the AirPods by clicking on the “i” icon, and this pauses the music automatically.
- Now replay the music and turn down the volume back to zero.
- Reconnect the AirPods and turn up the volume high
Restart Your Apple iPhone
A traditional restart method can sometimes help you with how to make AirPods louder. You might try restarting your iPhone to find any occurrences of software issues that cause the low AirPods volume level. You can restart your iPhone 10 or later by pressing hold on the side & volume down. Then drag the slider on the screen. For older iPhone models before iPhone 10, you will have to hold the side button for a few more seconds.
Disabling The Low Power Mode
When searching for “how do I make my AirPods louder?” it is recommended for a review on your Apple iPhone’s Low Power Mode. This mode is a configuration on the iPhone that saves battery and reduces power consumption by limiting the other features like background apps, audio playback sound, email retrieving, etc. Even though the low power mode doesn’t significantly affect the low sound on your AirPods, you can still try this option as fewer risk factors exist. To disable the low power mode, perform the steps one by one
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone
- Move to the Battery options
- Turn down the low-power mode
Disable The Audio Settings On Your Apple Music
If you use Apple Music, you may come across these settings: Sound Check & Equalizer, which might be the reason for the low sound on your AirPods. Sound Check keeps your volume consistent across every song you play. Also, when you try to lower the EQ sliders over a specific frequency range, it might suppress the sounds in those frequencies. It may end up settling down the overall volume of your device and you have to search for “how to make AirPods louder”. When using Apple Music, you can disable the settings by doing these simple steps
- Navigate to the Settings app and move to the Music option
- Switch off both the Sound Check and EQ features
Update Your Firmware
You need to check up on your firmware regularly to have an updated version to solve issues regarding how to make AirPods louder. An outdated firmware may be a reason for the problems with your AirPods low volume. To check on the Apple iPhone’s firmware version, follow the methods given below
- Open the Settings app and then move to General
- Click on the Software Update
- Wait patiently for a few seconds as it inspects for any latest iOS available.
This firmware updation is not only for your iPhone but also necessary for your AirPods. To check the firmware for your AirPods
- Go to Settings → About → Your AirPods.
If the firmware is outdated on your AirPods, then proceed with the methods to update it
- Put your AirPods in their charging case
- Plug in your charging case to a power outlet (using a lightning cable or a wireless charger)
- Have an iPhone or iPad paired with your AirPods, and ensure to have a proper internet connection
The firmware updates start automatically, and you must wait until the complete update.
From this article, you can confidently say that you have found all the ways to make AirPods louder from this article. When you ever come across your AirPods with lowering sound, you can efficiently use every technique in this article and become an expert in solving the issue on your own. Also, ensure that you are not undergoing any ear-related ailments to be sure from your side. As a last resort, it is insisted that you get the help of Apple’s online support when the problem persists.