iPhones are generally much smoother, faster, and have longer longevity than Androids. Compared to Androids, iPhones will have a series of processors delivering the best performance. As we all know, iPhones uses for making and receiving calls, texting, playing games, surfing the internet, and more. However, few people handle the most common issue, “ear speaker not working on iPhone.” You may get annoyed when your iPhone speakers don’t work for a while.
After researching, we will let you know why and fixes for the “iPhone speaker not working on calls.”
Reasons For Ear speaker Not Working on iPhone:
There might be a lot of reasons for the speaker on the iPhone not working. It will be best if you find the reasons behind the speaker not working. Here are a few points for the iPhone speaker issues. Try & solve it now!
Your iPhone’s volume will be down without your knowledge due to shuffling inside your bag. Otherwise, software settings like “Do not disturb” or “Silent” mode can cause the iPhone speaker not working on calls.
Sometimes, a damaged or loose wired headphones jack connection is the source of the ear speaker not working on the iPhone. Even wireless headphones can cause problems with Bluetooth connection.
Software bugs on your phone create unintended results, like the iPhone speaker not working on calls. These bugs can occur when you fail to update your OS. Frequently checking this error will help to avoid such problems!
Third-Party App Settings:
Sometimes, using third-party apps will create a major problem for iPhone call speakers not working when you’re using them. These apps have sound quality, which disturbs the iPhone’s function like there is no sound on your phone.
Your iPhone’s battery consumption will be high if you have heavy games. While playing, it generates more heat due to the battery draining fast. It is also the main reason your Apple iPhone speaker not working problem.
Please Note: Don’t use your mobile while charging because it affects your device drastically.
From this, you will get a few reasons why is an iPhone speaker not working during calls. Now let’s briefly look at the solutions for the sound issues!
#1. Check Sound Settings
One of the first things you should check on your iPhone is the sound settings. You can examine the ringer based on your needs, and the alert slider is placed in the correct position. If it hasn’t been placed correctly, you will face no sound issue on the iPhone.
Check the sound settings by the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the “Settings” icon on your iPhone
- Click the “Sounds” option
- Now, check the ringer and alert volume on the screen
- Adjust the volume according to your needs
#2. Turn Off Noise Cancellation
Noise cancellation is an in-built option for most iPhone models. This option reduces the huge noise when you speak with someone via iPhone. Therefore, disabling the noise cancellation will overcome the iPhone speaker not working on calls.
Follow the steps below for deactivating the noise cancellation:
- Tap the “Settings” icon on iPhone
- Scroll down and select “Accessibility.”
- Then click Audio/visual, which is located below the hearing section
- Now, you can view the “Phone noise cancellation” option. Switch the button to turn off the feature.
#3. Disable Bluetooth
When your Bluetooth is connected to the device, you will face an iPhone ear speaker not working because the audio will be sent to your Airpods. You can fix this issue by just turning off your Bluetooth connection. By doing this, it disconnects Bluetooth from your iPhone.
Steps for disabling the Bluetooth connection:
- Launch the “Settings” option
- Find and click “Bluetooth.”
- Switch the Bluetooth button to turn off
#4. Call Audio Routing Settings
One solution that works for a few users with iPhone ear speakers not working is to set “Call Audio Routing.” This feature enables your device to direct the calls to the speaker itself. These settings are viewed in the “Accessibility,” which helps you to direct the audio during the calls.
Here is the step to follow:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone
- Scroll down and tap on “Accessibility.”
- Choose “Touch”
- Next, tap on the “Call Audio routing” option
- Now, you have to set the call audio routing option to “Speaker” instead of “Automatic.”
Once you are done, try doing the iPhone’s soft reset below.
#5. Reset iPhone
Forced restarting your iPhone is the most useful way to fix the iPhone phone speaker not working. After this fix, your iPhone will give you a fresh look to perform effectively without any issues. Resetting your iPhone may vary from model to model.
If you have a phone model with Face ID, follow these steps:
- Press the “Volume up” button for a few seconds on your device and then release it
- Next, press the “Volume down” button for another few seconds and then leave it
- Now press and hold the “Power button,” which is on the right side of your phone
- Hold the power button until the Apple logo appears on your device
- Slide the “Power button” to turn off your iPhone
- Please wait for a few minutes, then turn it on
iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus:
- Simultaneously press and hold the “Power and the Volume button” until the Apple logo appears
- Now release both the buttons and slide the “Power button” to switch off your phone
- Just wait for about 5 to 10 minutes, then turn on your iPhone
iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus or iPhone SE:
- Together press and hold the “Power and Home button” for about 10 seconds
- After that, the Apple logo appears. You can now release the buttons
- Then follow the steps that are mentioned on iPhone 7 model
#6. Remove the Case And Clean The Speaker
Sometimes, heavy phone cases disturb the speakers and cause the iPhone 12 speaker not working. In such a situation, you must remove the phone case to solve your issue.
Dust particles on your phone may block the sound quality when speaking. You can also clean the earpiece on your mobile phone using a tipped cotton swab with alcohol because it dries quickly.
When you clean your phone’s earpiece, keep the phone facing downwards. At this moment, no liquid particles should not enter your charging port.
#7. Update iOS
Sometimes, older versions of mobile phones can cause the Apple iPhone speaker not working. In that case, update your iOS model to enjoy your call seamlessly without any disturbances.
- Open the “Settings” app
- Choose “General”
- Then, select “Software update.”
- If any software update is available on your device, download and installs it.
#8. Factory Reset
Software-related problems may be responsible for the iPhone speaker is not working. Doing the factory resetting option will automatically fix your issue. Before resetting, take the backup of your important files and data to avoid unnecessary issues. When everything is done, try to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Tap “Settings” app
- Select “General”
- Now, choose “Reset.”
- Click “Erase All contents & settings.”
- Next, enter your “Apple ID” password to factory reset your device
Once it is completed, your mobile will look like a brand-new device.
From this blog, you will know the different reasons for ear speaker not working on iPhone and easy troubleshooting ideas for your iPhone speaker not working on calls. We hope that the 8 fixes mentioned above will solve your issues. If it doesn’t help, you may contact the Apple customer center or upgrade to the latest iPhone model. We all know that the iPhone 14 will be launched on September 2022! Get ready!