If you are the one who lost your favorite AirPods in dead or offline mode and are still searching? No worries! This article gives you the potential fixes to find your Airpods in dead or offline mode.
Airpods are wireless Bluetooth earbuds developed by Apple and launched in 2016 with the iPhone 7. With the successful launch of Airpods, it has been upgraded to the AirPods (2nd generation and 3 generations), Airpods Pro, and Airpods Max. It has been the most popular gadget for a short period because of its unique features. This feature includes easy pairing, automatic switching (double-tap or pinch for the pausing and restarting audios), easily connected on Siri, and much more.
Airpods are connected to your devices (iPhones or iPads) via Bluetooth and allow you to listen to music, talk to others on a call, and more.
Start reading the article to learn “How to find your Airpods if they are offline/dead?”
Are Airpods Different from Earphones?
In earlier days, when you bought an iPhone or iPad, Apple included a pair of wired headphones. If you bought any of the devices, you would get the earphones. Two earbuds are joined in a Y-connection linked to your phone’s audio connector.
With the release of the iPhone 7, Apple discontinued its regular headphone jack on their box. Instead, they started to keep a wireless earphone connection. All wired and wireless headphones have their own inbuilt media controller for playing & skipping the audios, adjusting the volume, and more.
With the iPhone 7, Apple discontinued its regular headphone jack on their boxes. All wired and wireless headphones have their own inbuilt media controller for playing & skipping the audios, adjusting the volume, and more.
Airpods are wireless devices with no wires and are not connected. Both earpieces pair with iPhone or other devices through Bluetooth.
As you know, Airpods are wireless devices; they are not connected. Both earpieces pair with iPhone or other devices through Bluetooth.
Advantages Of Airpods
The Airpods earpiece has separate Bluetooth radios that help to connect with your devices. The advantages of Airpods include
- a user-friendly experience,
- an easy pairing of your device,
- extended battery life,
- ideal audio quality,
- the smoothness of AirPods and more
- User-Friendly Experience: When your Airpods case is opened, it automatically connects to the iPhone. You don’t need to wait to enable the connection. After the connection is established, the Airpods battery can be viewed on the screen.
- Extended Battery Life: Airpods have longer battery life and can be used by people who travel long distances. A fully charged Airpods can last about 24 hours and ease your routine activities. When you place your AirPods in the charging case for a few minutes (15 minutes), it gives you an uninterrupted listening time of about 3 hours.
- Comfortability: Airpods are designed in a way that it fits all ear types and doesn’t cause any difficulties (neither too loose nor too tight) when it is connected.
Airpod’s most significant benefit is that it doesn’t have wires which means untangling your wires is unnecessary.
- Ideal Audio Quality: If you are purchasing Airpods, it is vital to check the audio quality on your devices. These gadgets have an Advanced Audio Coding (ACC) feature, which offers excellent audio quality.
Continue reading the article to know precisely “What does “Airpods Offline” mean and the ways to find your Airpods if they are offline!
What does “Airpods Offline” Mean?
Having wireless headphones is difficult because you can lose your devices quickly. The few ways of losing your AirPod are: missing only one earpiece, both earpieces, only the Airpods case, both earpieces in the case, or any other possible choice.
When your AirPods are online, it is easier to locate but difficult when offline or dead-form. It is difficult to detect when it is lost in the offline or dead form.
Before moving to the next topic, “How do you find your Airpods if they are offline?” you need to know what offline or no location found means.
If your AirPods are out of the range on your connected device, it appears in “Offline / dead” mode.
If you cannot locate your AirPods, your device will prompt a “No location found” message.
Considering the meaning of “Airpods offline / dead,” let’s now look at the process of “How to find your Airpods if they are offline?”
How to Find Your Airpods Offline?
You can execute a few steps to find your AirPods in the offline state. Try the following ways to locate your AirPods:
- First, look at the last known location of your AirPods. If you have an iOS device, it is easier to find your AirPods by opening “Find My iPhone App.” From the list of devices shown in the app, select your AirPods.
- If you don’t have an iOS device, you can log in to your iCloud account and find the last location of your AirPods. From the list options, select “Find My iPhone.”
- You can also try using the Airpods proximity option for finding your Airpods. The AirPods proximity feature is only available on your iOS device.
To execute the AirPods proximity function by the steps given below:
- Navigate the “Settings” icon on your iOS device
- Choose “Bluetooth”
- Then, click the (i) button next to your AirPods
- Now, activate the “Proximity” option
- Bluetooth tracker is another method used to find your AirPods. There are various Bluetooth trackers available online or in the app store. This option is advantageous for finding your AirPods. Based on your needs, download the app and find your AirPods.
How Do You Find Your Airpods By Using Find My App
When your AirPods are charged and out of the case, you can look at them using the find my app. It is the easiest and best way to find your AirPods. If you move online, you can still find your AirPods on the phone’s map. The location will show you the last usage of AirPods.
Here are the steps to look at how to find my app works if your Airpods are near
- On your device, Open “Find my app.” It is the pre-installed app on your device and cannot be deleted
- If you cannot locate it, scroll down to your home screen and enter “Find My app” in the search box. The search box appears at the top of the screen.
- Now, tap “devices” at the bottom of the screen.
- From the given list, select your AirPods
- Explore the map to check where it is connected lastly
- You will view the street address near your AirPods name.
- If your AirPods are nearby, click “Play sound.”
- When you use this option, your AirPods start to ring.
- Once you have found your AirPods, mute them by left or right tap.
- Put your AirPods back in the case to avoid ringing.
Here are the ways to find out if your Airpods are far away by using the find my app
- If your AirPods are far away, click “Directions.”
- It provides you the directions to find your AirPods, where it was lastly linked.
- To find your AirPods quickly, tap “Find.” It gives you the notification sound whenever you move close or far from the device
- When you press the “Find” button, your iPhone automatically connects to AirPods. Ensure the camera is out of the way and drifts around until they connect.
- This app gives you the details on how close or far away your AirPods are. Until you move closer, pursue the instructions to find your AirPods
How Do You Find Your Airpods If They Are Dead
First, locate your AirPods by using “Find My App.” If your device is near, the app shows it on a map. If AirPods are far away, the app views you at the last known location.
You can check all other places if your app doesn’t work on iPhone or AirPods aren’t seen on the map. Look over the familiar places like pockets, purses, backpacks, and cars. If you still can’t find your AirPods, explore the less likely places, such as under furniture, jacket, or laundry.
If you still can’t find your AirPods after examining the places, it’s better to backtrack your steps. Imagine the scene where you had your AirPods last time and thoroughly check the particular areas to find your AirPods.
How To Find Your Airpods In Your House
When you keep your AirPods somewhere in the house, “Find My App” assists you in locating your AirPods.
Imagine using the Airpods on your couch/sofa, and you have moved to do some other work. After a few minutes, you will not remember where you kept your Airpods. Not only on your couch/sofa but if you misplaced Airpods somewhere in the house, “Find My App” assists you in locating the device.
Find your Airpods in the house by the below-mentioned steps:
- Open “Find My App” on your device
- From the “Devices” page, choose your AirPods
- Select “Play sound.” This option works if your AirPods are within the range and not in the case
- The sound may come from either AirPods left or right
- Press “Stop” to pause the sound and walk away after finding your AirPods
How To Find Your Airpods Case Only
Airpods case is designed to keep your Airpods safe & secure and prevents you from losing them. Having your AirPods in an AirPods or AirPods Pro case is the easiest method to find your AirPods case only because “Find my app” requires your Airpods to locate your Airpods case. If your Airpods are not available in the case, it will be difficult for you to discover the Airpods case.
To find your AirPods case, follow the steps given below:
- Launch “Find My App” on your iPhone
- From the list of linked devices, choose your AirPods
- Inspect whether it shows green light next to your AirPods. The green light indicates that your AirPods are near
- If it shows gray light, it declares that your AirPods are out of range or in a dead state
4 Tricks For Not Losing Your Airpods
After finding your AirPods or purchasing a new one, it’s better to perform the below-mentioned tricks to avoid losing them in the future. It is essential to take some preventive steps if you are a person who misplaces things frequently.
Setting Alerts For Left Behind Airpods
Find my app is not only a helpful way to find your AirPods if it is lost. This app helps you to receive a notification when it is left behind. Having this feature, you can secure your AirPods correctly before leaving them.
- Open “Find My App” on iPhone
- From the “Device” section, select your AirPods
- Tap “Notify when left behind” in the notification section
- After turning on this option, you will receive a notification when you are far away from your AirPods
Whenever you leave your AirPods at home, avoid getting an unnecessary notification by setting the trusted locations in the app. This option is turned on because AirPods in those locations will not give a notification.
A window with a trusted location will be shown when you enable the “Notify when left behind” option. The app will recommend choosing dependable places like home or office. Tap on the options for the locations of your choice.
For adding a different location, select “New location” Under the “Notify Me, Except At:” menu. Choose and add the other trusted location on the map or search for the address to join.
Connect The Airpods To Other Devices Through Bluetooth
Airpods location service will only work when connected to other devices through Bluetooth. Hence, it is vital to connect your Airpods to other additional gadgets.
Finally, when the devices are paired, the connected gadgets guide you to find your lost AirPods. To ensure if they are paired correctly, check your AirPods in the following methods:
- Tap the “Settings” icon on your mobile
- Choose the “Bluetooth” option
- Ensure that your AirPods are observed under the “Device” section in the find my app
Consistently Locate Your Airpods In The Same Area
Keeping your AirPods permanently in the same place is a good habit. Doing so can narrow down your search process whenever the AirPods are lost. After using the AirPods, locate them in the places you frequently use.
A few storage places to keep your AirPods safe are a backpack or purse, bedroom shelf, car’s compartment, nightstand, desk drawer, etc. As mentioned earlier, people frequently use those places and tend to keep their AirPods.
Getting a Cover For Your Airpods
You can prevent losing or misplacing the AirPods by purchasing a cover for your AirPods. Airpods and cases are smaller, so they can be lost easily. To avoid such situations, attach a bright color case for effortless identification.
When people depart from places, a case with a keychain attachment is helpful for them to carry their AirPods. You can avoid losing your AirPods by pinning the keychain inside your bag or purse. Pinning the keychain inside your bag or purse keeps your AirPods safe and secure.
If it doesn’t attach to your bag or purse, it can be fixed to any larger objects or devices to retain AirPods from falling out or getting lost.
We hope you find this helpful article, and you can probably try the above-mentioned methods to find your AirPods if they are offline or dead. You can also follow the tricks mentioned in this article to avoid losing your AirPods. If not, purchasing new AirPods or contacting your nearest Apple service center is recommended.
We conclude by saying that it is advisable to keep your AirPods safe. If you have lost it, use “Find My App” to locate your Airpods. Find my app helps to track your Airpods either nearby or far away. You can also follow the tricks mentioned in this article to avoid losing your AirPods.