Is AirDrop not working on your iPhone 12? It is the most unique & useful feature that allows iPhone users to share and receive files. It was first launched in 2008 and then extended to iOS devices with the introduction of iOS 7 in 2018. Now, all iOS 7 and the later device can access an extraordinary feature wirelessly.
AirDrop feature uses Bluetooth option to discover and connect nearby Apple devices within a limit. Apart from that, the content is shared by using wifi technology. This process is easy, simple, quick, and highly secured.
Though it is a rapid process, some disturbances can cause your AirDrop not working while sharing or receiving the files. It is the most common problem after the update. If you are struggling with the “AirDrop not working iPhone 12”, you have come to the right place!
In this blog, we will let you know how to fix AirDrop not working. Before knowing the tips, let’s understand the possible reasons for AirDrop not working on iPhone 12.
Why is My Airpod Not Working on iPhone 12?
The common reasons for AirDrop not working iPhone 12 include outdated iOS, AirDrop settings mismatched, personal hotspots, DND mode, Bluetooth not working on your iPhones, and much more. On the other hand, a few reasons may include corrupted network settings and expired iCloud login.
The below-mentioned tips will work for all the models, such as iPhone 6, and iPhone 7, to the latest iPhone models. In this guide, we will see AirDrop not working on iPhone and how to fix the issues.
Without delay, we will start the solution for AirDrop not working on iPhone 12.
#1: AirDrop Not Working – Adjust Settings
If AirDrop not working iPhone 12, you can adjust your settings & see the results of what happens. AirDrop has three options – Receiving off, contacts only, and everyone. The AirDrop settings control the visibility of your iPhone or any other iOS device. These settings will grant permission to be visible on iOS devices. To get a clear vision, let us see the AirDrop settings:
Receiving Off: In this option, your iPhone will not receive other AirDrop requests.
Contacts only: Only visible to your contacts in this method
Everyone: All iPhone devices can view your device, which is located nearby.
If you want to check the AirDrop settings, follow the mentioned steps:
- Tap the “Settings” icon
- Select “General”
- Now choose “AirDrop.”
- Select your “Preferred option” from the list
Alternatively, change the settings following the mentioned steps:
- Move to the “Control center.”
- Press and hold the “Network settings” icon, which is in the upper-left corner
- Select your preferred settings by pressing the “AirDrop” icon
Ensure that you haven’t turned on the “Receiving option.” Choose “Everyone” if you want to receive files from someone not in your contacts.
#2: Deactivate Airplane Mode and DND
The most common reason for AirDrop connectivity issues is activating the airplane and DND mode. Wifi and Bluetooth are the most important network settings for the functioning of AirDrop. When your airplane mode is enabled, it turns off the network connections, including wifi and Bluetooth.
Sometimes, the iPhone’s DND (Do not Disturb) mode stops the functioning of AirDrops. When your iPhone is in DND mode, you can send the files and data through the AirDrop connection, yet there are some limitations. DND mode limits the notification on your device. As a result, your AirDrop request will be blocked. With this, your AirDrop not working iPhone 12 on any other models.
To overcome the above situations, ensure you have disabled airplane and DND mode on your iPhone. Here is the procedure that how you can perform:
- From the upper-right corner, pull down the notification center on your iPhone
- Check whether the airplane and DND mode is enabled
- If activated, Turn off the airplane and DND mode (half-moon-like icon)
#3: Turn Off Personal Hotspot When AirDrop Not Working
If you have activated the personal hotspot, you may face the AirDrop not working iPhone 12. Moreover, iPhone automatically switches to mobile data when your personal hotspot is enabled for sharing your internet connection. AirDrop works when you turn on your wifi connection. If you need to deactivate the personal hotspot, follow the steps below.
- Click the “Settings” icon
- Select “Personal hotspot.”
- Now, switch on “Allow others to join.”
#4: Switch On and Off Bluetooth
Within a specific limit, AirDrop uses the Bluetooth connection to discover devices. If AirDrop shows connectivity issues on your iPhone, check whether that Bluetooth option is enabled on your device. If it is not enabled, activate Bluetooth on your device. Click the “Allow New Connections” option when you connect to a new device.
If you still notice that AirDrop doesn’t work correctly, you have to switch on and off the Bluetooth devices in the following way:
- Tap the “Settings” icon
- Choose “Bluetooth”
- Now turn off the “Slider.” Wait for 5 -10 seconds and turn it on again
Perform the above steps by pulling down the notification center. Here you will notice the Bluetooth icon. Turn off and on the Bluetooth with just a single tap.
#5: AirDrop Not Working – Switch On and Off wifi
You know that AirDrop uses a wifi connection to send and receive files. When your AirDrop not working on iPhone 12, check and verify your wifi is enabled. If you have already activated it, switch it on and off to fix the AirDrop connectivity issues.
- Go to the “Settings” option
- Select wifi
- Switch off the “Slider” and wait for 5 – 10 seconds
- Now, turn on the “Bluetooth.”
Execute the mentioned tips by heading to the control center. Tap the wifi button to activate the wifi connection.
#6: Restart iPhone if AirDrop Not Working
Restarting your iPhone is the simplest and easiest fix to solve AirDrop not working iPhone 12 or any other models. A simple restart will improve the iPhone performance speed, even if the camera app is not working on your iPhone. It also fixes minor glitches that interfere with your iPhone’s function. It will be best if you reboot your iPhone at regular intervals for smooth functioning of your device.
Steps to restart iPhone X or later models:
- Simultaneously, press and hold the volume and side button until the Apple logo appears
- Now, slide left to turn off your iPhone
- Wait for a few seconds or minutes, then turn on your iPhone by simply pressing the side button
Steps to restart iPhone 6, 7, 8, or iPhone SE (2nd Gen) models:
- Press and hold the “Side button” until the Apple logo arrives
- Swipe the slider to turn off your iPhone
- Wait for a few minutes
- Hold the “Side button,” which appears the Apple logo
Sometimes, your iPhone screen may get frozen or become unresponsive. In that case, you have to do the force restart. Here is how you can perform force restart for your different models:
iPhone 8 or Later Models:
- Press and release the “Volume up” and “Volume down” button
- After that, long press and hold the “Sleep / Wake” button until the Apple logo comes
- Wait for a few seconds, and then turn on your device
For iPhone 6s or earlier:
- Hold the “Sleep / Wake” and “Home” buttons until you notice the Apple logo
- Wait for a few minutes, then turn on your iPhone
iPhone 7 and 7 Plus:
- Press and hold the “Sleep / Wake” and “Volume down” buttons until the Apple logo appears
- Wait for a few seconds, then turn on your device
- It gives a fresh look, and you can experience the smooth functioning
#7: Update iOS
Updating your iPhone’s operating system will fix AirDrop not working iPhone 12. The outdated version of iOS can cause some performance-related issues on your device. Update your iOS by the below-mentioned guide:
- Click “Settings”
- Choose “General”
- Then, select “Software updates.”
- If any update is available on your device, download and installs it
#8: Re-sign into iCloud Account
You can fix your AirDrop not working on iPhone 12 by resigning into your iCloud Account. Your recent login sessions may have expired and caused AirDrop connectivity issues. You must log in again to enjoy your services, including AirDrop.
First, sign out from the iCloud Account by the guide given below:
- Move to “Settings” and enter your name
- Select the “Sign out” option at the bottom of your screen
- Now, type your “Apple ID password” and choose the “Turn off” option
- Turn on the data that you want to keep a copy of on your phone
- Click “Sign out” twice to log out from iCloud
Follow the below steps to sign in to an iCloud Account:
- Tap the “Settings” icon on your home screen
- Click “Sign in to your phone.”
- Type your “Apple ID and Password”
- Enter the six-digit verification code sent to your device to complete the sign-in option
AirDrop not working is a major problem for iPhone users because this feature will help to share files, apps, and data. This blog will give the primary reason and fixes for AirDrop not working on iPhone 12. You can try the ways mentioned above to solve your connectivity problem.