Everyone loves the iPhone because the interfere is a user-friendly, attractive design, security, and fast-browsing speed. However, a few users have a common issue: iPhone charging slowly after update. Several causes can slow down the charging process without your knowledge. The main reasons include a charger, faulty socket, cable, and software problems.
This article provides 8 quick tips to help you solve the iPhone charging slow after update issue. Let’s start to read!
Charging Port Issues:
The common cause of the iPhone slow charging is that the dust gets stuck, which disturbs the pin to charge. You can clear the charging port using compressed air, tiny brushes, or a wooden toothpick. You can turn off your iPhone and wait until it completely shuts down. Then use a toothpick stick from one end of the charging port and remove the dust. After doing this, wait a few hours and plug in the charger to check the charging speed on your iPhone. If it doesn’t help, then the problem might be your charger or software bugs.
The charger or adapter is the other common problem with slow charging. iPhone slow charging might be caused by the cable or wall plug adapter. Once you have determined the problem with your charging woes, you must check the charger and cable to see if any damage occurs. Frequently, the cable layer will wear out is the major reason for slow charging.
Similarly, the iPhone slow charging might be due to false charges. These charges will have an economical charger made up of low-class products. Using the charger for an extended period can also slow the charging process. So, try to change them to experience the fast charging on the iPhone. In the meantime, if you notice that your cable is worn out, you can replace it with a new cable. It enhances your iPhone slow down after update to avoid possible damage to your device.
If you haven’t noticed any problem with your charger, you can try a different outlet because the outlet may be the source of the problem.
Check If Your iPhone Needs an Update:
Software bugs are also another reason for the iPhone’s slow charging. Using an outdated version of your software or apps will cause issues while charging. Previously iPhone users struggled with the same issue after update, and it is also possible that similar bugs will appear in the future. To check if your phone needs a software update, just tap “Settings” app > “General”> “Software update.”
Here are the ways to restart the iPhone with different models:
iPhone 8 or later & iPhone SE: Press the volume and power buttons until you notice the Apple logo.
iPhone 7 and 7 Plus: Press and release the side/ top power and volume buttons until the Apple logo appears.
iPhone 6S or earlier, iPhone SE: Simultaneously press and hold power and the circle home button until the Apple logo is seen.
After doing the forced restart, plug in your charger and check the charging speed of your iPhone.
Now, we will see the fixing ways for iPhone Charging Slow after the Update.
Fix 1:Turn on the Airplane Mode
Airplane mode is a simple and effective method to charge your phone at a faster rate. You can enable airplane mode when you find that your iPhone is charging slowly after update.
- From the upper right corner, pull down the notification center.
- Now activate airplane mode by selecting the airplane icon. (This will automatically turn off the mobile data and wifi option)
- You can turn off airplane mode once your iPhone is fully charged.
Fix 2: Reduce Screen Brightness
The other reason for your iPhone slow charging is over brightness. So you can reduce the screen brightness will help you to charge your iPhone by the following steps:
- From the upper right corner, drop down the notification center.
- In the notification center, you can view the brightness bar. Reduce it when you are charging.
- You can also reduce the brightness by tapping the “Settings” icon on your home screen.
- Then choose the “Display and brightness” option.
Fix 3: Background Apps Downloading
App downloading in the background will slow your iPhone’s charging when you plug in the charger. To reduce iPhone slow charging, you can limit the background downloading apps by the steps given below:
- Launch “Settings”
- Select “General”
- Then tap “Background App Refresh” at the top of the screen on your device.
- Now wholly disable the feature by choosing “off,” or you can disable the download option for the particular apps from the list.
Once your iPhone has completely charged up, you can enable the background app downloading by following the above-mentioned steps.
Fix 4: Disable The Notifications
If your iPhone has multiple apps, you will receive numerous notifications frequently. In this case, your iPhone battery is getting low. Here is the guide for disabling the notifications on your iPhone:
- Tap “Settings” on your home screen
- Choose “Notification Center”
- Move down until you reach the “Include section.”
- Then look through the apps, you can select and turn off option Show on Lock Screen option
Fix 5: Turn Off Optimizing Battery Charging Option
Apple has introduced a new iOS 13 to slow the charging process and protect your battery’s life. This feature allows your iPhone to stop charging when it reaches 80% but still acts as if the battery is 100%. In case this option has been turned on without your knowledge, you can disable it by using mentioned below:
- Launch “Settings”
- Select “Battery”
- Choose “Battery health option.”
- Scroll down and select the “Optimized Battery Charging” choice on your iPhone
- Choose Turn off to disable the function
When this feature has been turned off, you can check the speed of the charging phone. It will automatically increase the speed of the charger.
Fix 6: Reset The Settings if iPhone Slow Charging
Your iPhone settings might get changed when you update your iOS software. You can delete these settings options to overcome the iPhone slow charging issue. Here is how you can reset the settings on your iPhone:
- Go to “Settings”
- Choose “General”
- Move down and select “Reset.”
- From the menu, choose “Reset all settings.”
- Now type the device password to continue
- Tap the option to confirm all settings reset on iPhone
Fix 7: Update Your iPhone
When you are 100% sure about the problem after an update, it is likely to be a bug in the software. Apple will immediately roll out the Update if it is a widespread issue. You can check if there is a new update available by the following methods:
- From home, launch “Settings.”
- Choose “General”
- Select “Software Update”
Fix 8: Factory Reset – iPhone Slow Charging
You can reset your device if you notice that your iPhone is charging slowly after the tips mentioned above. You can fix software-related issues with a factory reset. Before resetting, take a backup of the important files and data. When everything is done, try to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- From home, choose “Settings.”
- Find and select “General.”
- Move down to the bottom of the screen and tap “Reset.”
- Select “Erase all contents and settings.”
- Choose “Erase now.”
- Now enter your “Security lock.”
- Select “Erase iPhone at the bottom of the screen” on your iPhone
- Choose “Erase iPhone” again to proceed
- Type your Apple ID password, then select “Erase to proceed with the reset”
- Now wait until your iPhone finishes the reset, and then initiate a new device
The mentioned 8 tips will help you understand why the iPhone is charging slowly after the update. You can now try the above-mentioned tips to solve your iPhone slow charging issue quickly. If those tips don’t help, change your charger or contact the Apple service center. Otherwise, you should switch over to the latest model of iPhone. You know “iPhone 14 series will be launched soon!”